This is “Fortree City” from “Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald” developed by Game Freak, released by The Pokémon Company.
This is composed by Morikazu Aoki.
He also composed “Abandoned ship”, for example.
This song is played in Fortree City, a city where houses are built on trees.
It’s also the city where the sixth gym is located.
It’s my personal favorite town, with its unexplored landscape.
- iv in major key (other Tabs include this)
- one of the so-called “subdominant minor chord”, which include b6th in the scale.
- It’s nostalgic or romantic.
- Typically used following IV.
- It’s borrowed mostly from parallel minor, but also from Mixolydian b6 (in this case, ivM7)
- other examples are the following songs.
- The King Lost in Time – Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
- Lonely Rolling Star – Katamari Damacy
- Candy Constellation – Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- Big-Bean Vine – Kirby’s Epic Yarn
- Costumes & Colors – Kirby’s Dream Buffet
- Shopping in Wakeport – Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Badges – Pikmin Bloom
- Dewford Town – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Rustboro City – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Fortree City – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Abandoned Ship – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Valor Lakefront – Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
- Hearthome City – Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
- Canalave City – Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
- National Park – Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Cianwood City – Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Route 26 – Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Pewter City – Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Castelia City – Pokémon Black2/White2
- Marine Tube – Pokémon Black2/White2
- Iki Town (Day) – Pokémon Sun/Moon
- Cobalt Coastlands – Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- Levincia – Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
- Clear Breeze – Skullgirls
- Wave Ocean – Sonic the Hedgehog(2006)
- Magical Snow Day – Sonic Runners
- Oh! One True Love – Undertale
- Temmie Village – Undertale