Hitomi Sato has been participating in composing music for the Pokémon series since “Pokémon Diamond/Pearl”(2007).
“Pokémon Black/White” was the second release on the Nintendo DS after “Pokémon Diamond/Pearl”.
The Unova region, where the adventure takes place, is based on New York City.
Compared to last title, changes include; improved animations in battles, TMs become no longer one-time-only, and the introduction of the four seasons …etc.
Route 2 is west of Accumula Town, the first town player visit after setting out on the adventure.
Here the first trainer battle will occur, including a fight with one of player’s rivals.
It can also be visited at the end of the game in the sequel, “Pokémon Black2/White2”(2012).
There are differences depending on the season in the game (spring, summer, fall, winter), and I refer to the summer version.
- IV-V-iii-vi, or variants (other TABs include this)
- Very popular chord progression in Japan, called “王道進行”. It means “popular” or “typical”.
- other examples are the following songs.
- Re-Tail – Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Dogcheck – DELTARUNE Chapter 1
- Melodies Of Life～Final Fantasy – FINAL FANTASY IX
- Phoenix Highway – Freedom Planet 2
- Rainbow Resort – Kirby’s Adventure
- Ripple Field 1 – Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Grass Land – Kirby’s Epic Yarn
- Apt.102 – Kirby’s Epic Yarn
- Abandoned Beach – Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Snowfield – La Tale
- Pass On – Limbus Company
- A Home For Flowers (Empty) – OMORI
- Challenge Go Go! – Pocket Card Jockey
- Jazz Racing Jam – Pocket Card Jockey
- Slateport City – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Route 104 – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Rustboro City – Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
- Hearthome City – Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
- Route 203 – Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
- National Park – Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Cianwood City – Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Route 26 – Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Accumula Town – Pokémon Black/White
- Route 2 – Pokémon Black/White
- Lacunosa Town – Pokémon Black/White
- Floccesy Town – Pokémon Black2/White2
- Castelia City – Pokémon Black2/White2
- Professor Kukui’s Theme – Pokémon Sun/Moon
- Thrifty Megamart – Pokémon Sun/Moon
- Battle! (Island Kahuna) – Pokémon Sun/Moon
- Route 10 on Ula’ula Island – Pokémon Sun/Moon
- Battle! (Hop) – Pokémon Sword/Shield
- Wyndon – Pokémon Sword/Shield
- Cobalt Coastlands 1 – Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- Purity of your smile – Ragnarok Online
- Seaside Hill – Sonic Heroes
- Dear My Friend – Sonic Unleashed
- End Of The Summer – Sonic Runners
- Guest Book – Tomodachi Life
- Shop – UNDERTALE
- Oh! One True Love – UNDERTALE
- other examples in minor key are the following songs. (in this case, bVI-bVII-v-i)
- Battle! (Rival) – Pokémon Black2/White2
- The Battle at the Summit! – Pokémon Sun/Moon
- Battle! (Ultra Necrozma) – Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
- Battle! (Bede) – Pokémon Sword/Shield
- Battle! (Arven) – Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
- Battle! (*spoilerAI Professor) – Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
- Magical Snow Day – Sonic Runners
- It appears as a modulation from C major to C minor, a parallel key.
- Desire Drive – 東方神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires.
- Illusionary White Traveler – 東方天空璋 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons.
- The Great Fantastic Underground Railway Network – 東方虹龍洞 ~ Unconnected Marketeers.
bar 13, 16
- Dominant chord of the relative key, III = B, is used, temporarily modulated to the relative key = E minor.
- The d# in the melody is the major 7th degree of the relative key, the leading tone.